Monday 20 January 2014

Skulls of the Foe!

I have painted some more of my Tomb kings army; the Catapults and some Horsemen.

First up, here are the Catapults:


These are the older Catapults, which I think look better than the new Tomb Kings one (personal preference, of course). I have also made Skulls of the Foes tokens for each catapult, so that upgrade can be represented on the board.

The paint job is deliberately simple; I don't see catapults as grand colourful contraptions. More likely, they are crewed by reanimated slaves with an overseer.

I really like these catapult models.







Next up, I have completed a unit of Skeleton Horsemen.





These Horsemen match the colour scheme of the Regulars in the rest of the Tomb Kings army, namely the white cloth with the turquoise as opposed to the black headclothes of the horse archers. This is because these are part of the regular army, acting as battlefield messengers and scouts.
In game, they have some use chasing off missile cavalry or redirecting charges onto the warmachines.

Well, that is it for this quick update. The next one is a scratch built Hierotitan I am working on at the moment.

See you in the next update.

No comments:

Post a Comment