Wednesday 26 November 2014

Heroes in a half shell...

Admittedly, a reference to Mario would have been more apt for the Rock Top Gang... erm... anyway, on with the pictures:

See? Koopa Troopas.

I like these models, they have bags of character; what is not to like about dancing/Mexican waving turtles?

Lets take a closer look.


Meet Blue, otherwise known as the Crusher. He crushes things. And he is blue.
This guy is imposing on the board and a really great model.

Red, otherwise known as a Roller. Though the model does not actually look like he is rolling, I do love how far his neck sticks out; looks very comical. 

And this is Green, or Slowpoke. I really love the dancing ones! Though probably not actually dancing, that is what they look like to me - I imagine them doing a very slow turtle speed version of Thriller! Great models.

Bob-ombs? Bombadiers in SDE speak, anyway. I did these red because 1) I did the shell tokens 4 green and 2 red and 2) I did not know what other colour to do them... I like these models but would have prefered their shells to be knobbly like the others, rather than smooth.

The aforementioned shell tokens - 4 green and 2 red, to differentiate (somewhat) the different turtles in shell form.

Finally the spawn points. I did these yellow out of some thought for the yellow blocks in a Mario game... *shrug* I did not know what other colour to use, really...

So, there you have it - The Rock Top Gang.

Next update will showcase the Fireflow Denizens and the bosses. I REALLY enjoyed painting those.

No comments:

Post a Comment