Tuesday 11 November 2014

We could be heroes...

I have shown the Kobolds and Dragons from the base set of Super Dungeon Explore and, now, finally, here are the heroes:
I loved painting these models, they are great and I liked to spend time and attention getting them to look right. as with all my blogs, lets have a closer look.





The person I am painting for wanted the Deeproot Druid to be painted as a panda and I think it looks awesome this way; it really stands out. As Super Dungeon is 'cartoony' in look, I painted the fur onto angry bear as you would in an illustration and I think it turned out well. I love the look on the druid's face and giving him grey eyes adds to that wizened expression.




The Clawtribe Barbarian was always going to be painted in muted browns and dark skin tone, so the red hair and green eyes really adds some colour to the model. I love this model, it is one of my favourites by far.



Of course I was going to model the Hearthsworn Fighter on Gilius Thunderhead from Golden Axe! I had the music from Golden Axe on loop in my head as I painted this miniature. I think it worked well and he looks pretty grim and ready for a fight (or to kick some gnomes...).


The Glimmerdusk Ranger is done in nice pastel blue, as opposed to lincoln green. I am not sure why I chose the blue from the card art, to be honest, but I think she looks pretty awesome.


The Royal Paladin already looked good in the blue cloak and blonde hair, so I stuck with that. I made his features a little more grim so he looks like he his ready for a fight (was not overly keen on the Final Fantasy look in his art).


When I uploaded my pictures, I only had this angle for the Ember Mage, but I suppose you can see everything you need to to see that this is a Final Fantasy White Mage. I really liked the way this model turned out, the white and the red contrasts really well and I painted the zig-zags on as these are part of the White Mage outfit. Great model, in my opinion.



The Hexcast Sorcereress was done in pastel blue rather than the white of her art and I like the way she turned out. The mass of shocking pink hair looks great in the art, so I kept it here. And, as you can see, I could not bring myself to give her little white knickers...



I saved my favorite hero until last. The Riftling Rogue is some sort of demon and I wanted her to have dark skin to go with her bright red eyes. I did not want the slightly pastel purple skin she has in the art, so I went with dark blue and I am glad I did because I really like this look.


As I had no where else to put them, I have included the chests here:
I did them gold, but Boo Booty sliver to contrast (thought it just looked better).

So, there you have it, the whole base set of Super Dungeon Explore.
I have painted most of the Caverns of Roxxor set and just have a few more to go; will post them when I finish them.

See you in the next update.





No comments:

Post a Comment