Monday 11 April 2016

This is the end...

...the end my friend.

So, these are the last heroes in Forgotten King wave 1.

For much of these heroes, I followed the art from the card. There is also a mini boss here, included because I did not want to have an update of just one figure...

Ninja Cola is a hero version of Candy's sidekick. This is widely considered to be 'broken' because it breaks the rule of having the same stat for attack and defence. His Japanese theme goes along with...

...Kunoichi Candy. I realised, after uploading this image, that the shadow on her face makes her eye look deformed. I assure you that this is not the case. 

The Thundervale Huntress was a bit of a pain to blend the green of the hair, but it turned out ok. She does have the tattoos from the rt of the flanks of her horse body (forgot to photograph them). 

Brave-Mode Candy is the hero that has Never-Lost Cola as a pet. The model (and art) is somewhat unremarkable, except for her face and hair colour, so I made sure the eyes are very prominent. 

Princess Emerald is one of the 5 princesses that prophesy says will defeat the Dark Consul. This princess is a sharpshooter that is certainly not based on Caitlyn from League of Legends...

The Mistmourn Shaman is actually from the Mistcoast Warband box but I included him here with the heroes. I love the huge voodoo mask her is wearing and the little vodoo dolls - a very thematic figure.

The Royal Warden is straight from Brotherhood of the Wolf and his costume is very evocative of the costumes from that film. From the art, it is hard to tell if his coat is red or blue, but I chose blue and think it was the right choice.

Fae Alchemist, oh how I hated painting you! There is so much busy work on this miniature that, in the end, I just blended much of it into the main colours so as to bring out the theme of the miniature better. The potions were achieved with washes over a coat of white (the 'glass' is a white/blue mix).

The Questing Knight. The photo makes him look much more pink than he actually is... but, yes, I did do him a pale red/pink colour (he wears pale red armour in the art). I did bled it like NMM and think it turned out really good; it looks much nicer 'in the flesh'. Oh, this is obviously the knight from Ghouls and Ghosts - he should have had an alternate figure of a man in underwear...

The Wandering Minstrel was painted in muted colours to bring out his hair and his eyes, as that is certainly the focal point of the figure. I think it came out really well.

Shadow-mode Candy is the evil counter part to Brave-mode Candy and they even have a very similar costume on. She does not have red skin in the art, but, as she has horns, I imagined that she was a devil version of Candy. I think the skin tone and white hair make her look visually striking.

So, there you have it; all the Forgotten King wave 1 painted. After a year. Much too long, but its done now.

See you in the next update.



No comments:

Post a Comment